The Power Electronics Society is one of the fastest growing technical societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). For over 20 years, PELS has facilitated and guided the development and innovation in power electronics technology. This technology encompasses the effective use of electronic components, the application of circuit theory and design techniques, and the development of analytical tools toward efficient conversion, control and condition of electric power. Our members include preeminent researchers, practitioners, and distinguished award winners.
IEEE PELS Publishes the IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, a top referenced journal among all IEEE publications.
The Power Electronics Society is dedicated to:
- Upholding the vital scientific and educational aspects of power electronics and its applications.
- Keeping its members around the globe up to date on state-of-the-art technological developments and advances in power electronics research.
In striving to build knowledge and awareness of the latest technologies and other advances in power electronics, the Power Electronics Society’s goal is to keep members current and competitive in the workplace, and provide them with the tools necessary to help them grow both personally and professionally. We invite you to join us, and benefit from a world of invaluable information and support.
Some of the publication of IEEE PELS are:
- IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics
- IEEE Power Electronics Magazine
- IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics on Power Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
- IEEE Power Electronics Letters
- IEEE Electrification Magazine
Conferences & Events
Conferences are an important part of our Society as they enable the exchange of new information and the formation of social networks. Whether you’re looking for the hottest topics, the latest research breakthroughs and innovations, short courses on changing technologies, or vendor exhibits of new commercial products and services related to circuits and systems, the IEEE Power Electronics Society offers access to a conference community that will help you meet your professional goals. PELS financially sponsors and co-sponsors several meetings throughout the year at international locations. Attending these events is a great way to stay up-to-date with latest advances, hear from leaders from the profession and network with your colleagues!